Graduate Certificate of Divinity
Students with an undergraduate degree can enrol for the Graduate Certificate in Divinity. This award requires six months of full time study or the equivalent part-time.
The Graduate Certificate introduces students to the sources and content of the Christian story and message, with a view to training them to apply it in the contemporary world. It provides a foundation of knowledge and skills for Christian ministry, but not necessarily of the breadth and depth required for ministry ordination.
Course Content - Graduate Certificate
- The Graduate Certificate consists of 4 units (16 cps).
- Students must complete two core units within the fields of Biblical Studies, Old or New Testament, Biblical Languages, Theology, Christianity in History, or Philosophy and Ethics.
- In addition, Graduate Certificate students complete two units from any field.
- Students should discuss their desired program and unit selection with the registrar before enrolling in a course.
- Advanced (600) level units may be taken only when the pre-requisite units have been completed or co-requisite units are taken concurrently
The Graduate Certificate of Divinity is a course of the Australian College of Theology
Modes of Study
Each semester the RTC will offer a range of units that are taught on campus, online, or through a combination of both. Graduate Certificate students may complete the requirements for their award through any combination of these.
Learn more about our flexible study options
Entry to the Graduate Certificate of Divinity normally requires the completion of a bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Fees and fee assistance
A schedule of fees can be found here.