The RTC offers short courses throughout the year so as to equip people for Christian life and local church ministry. They are open to anyone – you don’t need to be academically inclined to attend!
Most courses are held on Tuesday evenings over a five week period.
Short courses offer the opportunity to:
- Get to know and love God more through study of his Word.
- Enjoy learning from some great teachers, including past RTC faculty and guest lecturers who are experts in their field and full of valuable experience and ideas.
- Discover new areas of Christian study you have not pursued before.
- Meet and enjoy fellowship with Christians from other churches.
- See what it’s like to study at the college.
- Join a forum to workshop ideas relating to your faith.
- Develop skills that will help you live well as a Christian in our culture, confident in knowing what you believe and able to respond to the questions your friends or family might have.
The enrolment process is simple. Just fill out the form below and click through to the payment portal.
RTC Short Course - Term 3 2018
STARTS 24 JULY FOR 5 TUESDAY EVENINGS
Many Protestant Christians are fairly familiar with the major events associated with the Reformation. This short course presents an opportunity to dig a little bit deeper by looking at the teaching of the ‘Great Reformers’ (Martin Luther, Huldrych Zwingli and John Calvin) on some of the aspects of the Christian life that we are faced with every day. By attending this course participants will hopefully not only gain a new appreciation for this very important period of Christian history but also many practical insights for daily living.
- The Great Reformers on Faith
- The Great Reformers on Illness and Suffering
- The Great Reformers on Marriage
- The Great Reformers on the Christian Home
- The Great Reformers on Missions
Dr Phillip Scheepers
RTC Lecturer in Missions and Church History
Phillip joined the RTC in 2010 bringing a wealth of experience in missions and church-based training. He is originally from South Africa where he studied for the ministry and obtained his DTh. After initial work in the mission-field in South Africa, he moved to London where he worked for Veritas College for 8 years establishing training ministries for church leaders in the Arab world. That work eventually led him to Australia in 2007. At the RTC he serves as Vice-Principal, Lecturer in Missions and Church History.
Please note: this course is not accredited with the Australian College of Theology and is offered on a non-credit basis in the interests of personal and spiritual growth.
24 & 31 July
7, 14 & 21 August
Time: 7 - 9.15pm
Location: RTC Resource Centre (Geelong)