The RTC offers short courses throughout the year so as to equip people for Christian life and local church ministry. They are open to anyone – you don’t need to be academically inclined to attend!
Most courses are held on Tuesday evenings over a five week period. Occasionally we host one-off events like we had in August 2016: Christian responses to Islam.
Short courses offer the opportunity to:
- Get to know and love God more through study of his Word.
- Enjoy learning from some great teachers, including past RTC faculty and guest lecturers who are experts in their field and full of valuable experience and ideas.
- Discover new areas of Christian study you have not pursued before.
- Meet and enjoy fellowship with Christians from other churches.
- See what it’s like to study at the college.
- Join a forum to workshop ideas relating to your faith.
- Develop skills that will help you live well as a Christian in our culture, confident in knowing what you believe and able to respond to the questions your friends or family might have.
The enrolment process is simple. Just fill out the form below and click through to the payment portal.
RTC Short Course - Term 4 2017
STARTS 10 OCTOBER FOR 3 TUESDAY EVENINGS
REMEBERING THE REFORMATION
This brief 3-week course will give participants valuable insights into the causes of Reformation in the context of the spiritual conditions of the time. The essence of Reformation will be explored as it affected the Christian life, theology, ministry and worship. In the third session we will look at the continuing validity of the Protestant Reformation. The hope is that we learn from this chapter of church history and apply its lessons to the life of the church today.
The course will also make use of some video material to illustrate some of the Reformation history.
Session 1 - The Context of the Reformation
Session 2 - The Heart of the Reformation
Session 3 - The Implications of the Reformation for today
After obtaining the BD from RTC, Henk pursued post-graduate studies in the History of Religion with the SE Asia Graduate School of Theology and then went on to the study of Missiology at Fuller Theological Seminary in USA. After 11 years in mission work in Indonesia he began lecturing in Church History and Missiology at RTC from 1981 to 2007. Involvement in ecumenical organisations and relations has given him a broad understanding of the Protestant churches.
Registrations for the Term 4 short course have now closed.