The RTC offers short courses throughout the year so as to equip people for Christian life and local church ministry. They are open to anyone – you don’t need to be academically inclined to attend!
Most courses are held on Tuesday evenings over a five week period. Occasionally we host one-off events like we had in August 2016: Christian responses to Islam.
Short courses offer the opportunity to:
- Get to know and love God more through study of his Word.
- Enjoy learning from some great teachers, including past RTC faculty and guest lecturers who are experts in their field and full of valuable experience and ideas.
- Discover new areas of Christian study you have not pursued before.
- Meet and enjoy fellowship with Christians from other churches.
- See what it’s like to study at the college.
- Join a forum to workshop ideas relating to your faith.
- Develop skills that will help you live well as a Christian in our culture, confident in knowing what you believe and able to respond to the questions your friends or family might have.
The enrolment process is simple. Just fill out the form below and click through to the payment portal.
RTC Short Course - Term 2 2018
STARTS 17 APRIL FOR 5 TUESDAY EVENINGS
This 5 part short course will examine Jesus’ life, ministry and teaching with an emphasis on the historical, cultural, geographical and archaeological background.
We will go behind the scenes to better understand the context of Jesus, his life, teaching and ministry, with a special emphasis on the visual, with both pictures and film taken in Israel.
There are no specific requirements for the course and it is appropriate for young people as well as other ages.
1. The Birth and Childhood of Jesus
2. Jesus in Galilee
3. The Teaching of Jesus
4. From Galilee to Jerusalem
5. The Trial, Death and
Alvin lived and studied in Israel in 1990. He returned in 1995 to lead a Church tour and journeyed again in 2012 as part of The Fifth Gospel Project and contributed a number of chapters for the iBook The Fifth Gospel. He has also authored a number of iBooks related to Biblical Natural History.
Alvin has at different times taught Church History at the Reformed Theological College and set up the Distance Education program for that subject there. He spent 20 years as a teacher at a Christian school in Gippsland as well as 7 years as a chaplain at a government secondary college in the Geelong region.
He is married to Lois and has four adult children.
Please note: this course is not accredited with the Australian College of Theology and is offered on a non-credit basis in the interests of personal and spiritual growth.