The RTC offers short courses throughout the year so as to equip people for Christian life and local church ministry. They are open to anyone – you don’t need to be academically inclined to attend!
Most courses are held on Tuesday evenings over a five week period.
Short courses offer the opportunity to:
- Get to know and love God more through study of his Word.
- Enjoy learning from some great teachers, including past RTC faculty and guest lecturers who are experts in their field and full of valuable experience and ideas.
- Discover new areas of Christian study you have not pursued before.
- Meet and enjoy fellowship with Christians from other churches.
- See what it’s like to study at the college.
- Join a forum to workshop ideas relating to your faith.
- Develop skills that will help you live well as a Christian in our culture, confident in knowing what you believe and able to respond to the questions your friends or family might have.
The enrolment process is simple. Just fill out the form below and click through to the payment portal.
RTC Short Course - Term 3 2019
STARTS 23 JULY FOR 5 TUESDAY EVENINGS
The Lord Jesus called his disciples to follow him. In the Sermon on the Mount he set out the life he was calling them to. This practical and radical way of life was for Christ’s first disciples and it is also for his disciples today. The purpose of this course is to present, explain and apply the Lord’s teaching in the Sermon on the Mount, both as an encouragement and a challenge. In the process, by God’s grace, you will learn and grow as a present-day disciple of the Lord Jesus.
- “Jesus – because he will save his people from their sins” The place of the Sermon on the Mount in the Christian life.
- Being in a highly desirable position: The Beatitudes as encouragement and challenge.
- Salt and Light: Counter-cultural living for God.
- No religious show-offs but laying up treasure in heaven.
- The Narrow Gate and the House on the Rock: The need for response to the Sermon on the Mount.
REV ALASTAIR MCEWEN
Alastair McEwen studied at RTC in the 1970’s and is an ordained minister and elder in the Reformed Presbyterian Church. Now retired, he lectured at RTC in Old Testament for over 30 years. His interest in the Sermon on the Mount was stimulated during a short period of study at Jerusalem University College. Alastair is married to Margaret, with four children and fourteen grandchildren.
23 & 30 July
6, 13, & 20 August
Time: 7 - 9.15pm
Location: RTC Resource Centre (Geelong);
125 Pigdons Rd Waurn Ponds VIC
Please note: this course is not accredited with the Australian College of Theology and is offered on a non-credit basis in the interests of personal and spiritual growth.
To promote this short course at your church please download this flyer.