The RTC offers short courses throughout the year so as to equip people for Christian life and local church ministry. They are open to anyone – you don’t need to be academically inclined to attend!
Most courses are held on Tuesday evenings over a five week period.
Short courses offer the opportunity to:
- Get to know and love God more through study of his Word.
- Enjoy learning from some great teachers, including past RTC faculty and guest lecturers who are experts in their field and full of valuable experience and ideas.
- Discover new areas of Christian study you have not pursued before.
- Meet and enjoy fellowship with Christians from other churches.
- See what it’s like to study at the college.
- Join a forum to workshop ideas relating to your faith.
- Develop skills that will help you live well as a Christian in our culture, confident in knowing what you believe and able to respond to the questions your friends or family might have.
The enrolment process is simple. Just fill out the form below and click through to the payment portal.
RTC Short Course - Term 2 2019
STARTS 23 APRIL FOR 5 TUESDAY EVENINGS
The early church often seems strange and remote to many of us. The purpose of this unit is to introduce you to some of our forebears in the faith by looking at the world in which they lived in and the ways in which they responded to the challenges of being God’s people in a hostile world. In the process you will, hopefully, also learn much about being a believer right here in the 21st Century.
- The Book of Acts and Beyond
- The Post-Apostolic Church
- Persecution and Growth
- Putting Down Roots in Hard Soil
- ‘Establishment’ – Opportunities and Challenges
Phillip joined the College in 2010 bringing a wealth of experience in missions and church-based training. He is originally from South Africa where he studied for the ministry and obtained his DTh. from the University of the Free State. After initial mission work in South Africa he moved to London where he worked for Veritas College for 8 years, establishing training ministries for local church leaders in the Arab world. That work eventually led him to Australia in 2007 to help secure accreditation for the Veritas training in the Australian vocational training sector. At the RTC he serves as Vice-Principal, Lecturer in Missions and Church History and coordinator for RTC CBT, a program that interfaces campus study with church-based training. Phillip is married to Chanel and they have two boys.
23 & 30 April
7, 14, & 21 May
Time: 7 - 9.15pm
Location: RTC Resource Centre (Geelong);
125 Pigdons Rd Waurn Ponds VIC
Please note: this course is not accredited with the Australian College of Theology and is offered on a non-credit basis in the interests of personal and spiritual growth.
To promote this short course at your church please download this flyer.