The RTC offers short courses throughout the year so as to equip people for Christian life and local church ministry. They are open to anyone – you don’t need to be academically inclined to attend!
Most courses are held on Tuesday evenings over a five week period.
Short courses offer the opportunity to:
- Get to know and love God more through study of his Word.
- Enjoy learning from some great teachers, including past RTC faculty and guest lecturers who are experts in their field and full of valuable experience and ideas.
- Discover new areas of Christian study you have not pursued before.
- Meet and enjoy fellowship with Christians from other churches.
- See what it’s like to study at the college.
- Join a forum to workshop ideas relating to your faith.
- Develop skills that will help you live well as a Christian in our culture, confident in knowing what you believe and able to respond to the questions your friends or family might have.
The enrolment process is simple. Just fill out the form below and click through to the payment portal.
RTC Short Course - Term 4 2019
STARTS 15 OCTOBER FOR 5 TUESDAY EVENINGS
In our post-Christian culture, Christianity is not only implausible but unconscionable for many. The public square can be an intimidating place for God's people and can lead to a stance of uncertainty or fear. This short course explains the differing views on cultural posture as well as understanding culture. We will also take the opportunity to discuss how we might navigate politics and cultural issues for God's glory and the common good.
- The relationship of Christianity to culture
- Understanding culture to engage it well
- Justice, righteousness and politics
- Christianity and culture: Issues (Part 1)
- Christianity and culture: Issues (Part 2)
REV DARREN MIDDLETON
Darren Middleton is the minister at North Geelong Presbyterian Church. He is happily married to Ruth, blessed with seven children, two awesome motorbikes and a lazy bulldog that bears a striking resemblance. Darren was converted at the age of 23 from a non-christian home when reading the Bible for the first time. After Bible College, he has served as a Presbyterian minister for the last 20 years across differing demographics in Vic and NSW. He has previously been on the board of Freedom for Faith as well as Convener of Church and Nation Committee in Victoria and Australia. He is an unrepentant Collingwood supporter.
15, 22 & 29 October
5 & 12 November
Time: 7 - 9.15pm
Location: RTC Resource Centre (Geelong);
125 Pigdons Rd Waurn Ponds VIC
Please note: this course is not accredited with the Australian College of Theology and is offered on a non-credit basis in the interests of personal and spiritual growth.
To promote this short course at your church please download this flyer.